Cheylon K. Woods
7918 Berryhill Court, Apartment D. Montgomery, Alabama 36116
Phone : (318) 218-4962
Seeking a challenging opportunity to showcase unique combination of technical expertise and creative abilities in the public history arena. Dedicated to enthusiastic and dynamic means of preserving and presenting public history for the rest of society.
QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS
- Superior organization and interpersonal skills
- Flexible attitude with a team oriented personality
- Commitment to quality in all aspects of public history
- Exceptional knowledge of Social Studies with emphasis on Public History
- Ability to learn concepts quickly
- Strong initiative, leadership and planning skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and show evidence of superior poise and tact
- Ability to develop and implement innovative outreach programs for targeted audiences
- Experience in developing and leading tours and working with diverse audiences
- Experience in cataloging and exhibit design
- Experience in photo documenting buildings, landmarks, an artifacts
August 2011- Present IMLS Fellow
Duties Include: 9 month placement at the Alabama Department of Archives and History where I will organize process and catalog public records and develop public programs.
August 2009 to May 2011- Williamson Museum at NSU
Duties include: Welcoming visitors and presenting history in a variety of hands-on learning opportunities; participating in interpretive planning and exhibition development; researching and preparing oral histories, updating museum catalog, and cataloging artifacts
May 2010 to August 2010- National Park Service: Oakland Plantation.
Duties Include: Developing interpretation programs for the park, developing safety talks for the park, giving guided tours of the park, developing tours for the park, visitor interaction, running the book store on site
Prior work experience include volunteer experience with the curatorial staff at the Louisiana State Exhibit Museum. Duties included documenting and photo documenting of new artifacts, and the preservation of antique books and papers.
- Masters of Arts in Heritage Resources ( Northwestern State University: Natchitoches, Louisiana) – May 10, 2011
- Bachelor of Arts (LA Tech): History and Political Science – May 22, 2009
- Completed Tech Florence Study Abroad Series (emphasis on History)
- Phi Theta Sigma Honor Society Member
- Member of American Historical Association
- Member of the American Anthropological Association
- Coordinated local and national campaigns as officer of College Democrats of America while maintaining full course load in dual degree program
- IMLS Fellowship Recipient.
REFERENCES AVAILABLE UPON REQUEST